It’s been an intense and very successful international playing season over a nine-month period for our Men and Women.
England competed at:
- The 19th World Women’s Triples Championships
12 to 14 November 2021 in Santa Susanna, Spain organised by the FIPJP;
- The 49th Men’s World Triples Championship
19 to 21 November 2021 in Santa Susanna, Spain organised by the FIPJP;
- The 4th World Singles and 3rd Doubles and Mixed Doubles Championships
12 to 15 May 2022 in Karlslunde, Denmark organised by the FIPJP;
- The 10th Women’s European Triples Championships
2 to 5 June 2022 in Torelavega, Spain organised by the CEP; and
- The 3rd European Singles and inaugural Doubles and Mixed Doubles Championships
13 to 17 July 2022 in ’s-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands organised by the CEP.
We achieved our playing objectives in seven out of the 13 international tournaments and we achieved two historic European Championship medals, making it our most successful international playing season since the current international playing formats in Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles and Triples were created.
The attached report, compiled with input from our Senior Coaches, gives the full results of the 84 international matches that English players and teams competed in and compares our country’s results against those we have achieved previously.
- Senior International Representation Report 2021/2022 (pdf document)
The international selection process for 2023 is currently under consideration and we expect to publish the details of that in January 2023. In the meantime, dates have been provisionally reserved in the 2023 PE National Calendar, currently being prepared by PE’s Chair of Events.