The PE Board via our Events Group has issued the following information for all players attending the Singles and Doubles at Gravesend over the weekend of 19th and 20th September.
Firstly and most importantly, we are asking all players to complete an online declaration which is a required condition of participation. If we do not receive your declaration, you will not be able to play. The declaration has the details of PE’s Play Safe Guidelines which you will need to confirm that you have read and understood.
This is our first event in the time of Covid-19 and so we will be doing things a little differently, including a delayed registration time for the Singles (see below). The changes we have made are to enforce social distancing and minimise physical contacts that could be a source of virus transmission. Everybody has their part to play in ensuring safe play.
- If you develop any symptoms or reside in an area subject to Covid-19 restrictions please respect the safety of your fellow players and do not attend the event. Just let us know (07740 198730).
- We will be providing your email and phone number to the venue’s track and trace records. If your number has changed since you entered it on LoveAdmin please send us your latest.
- We will be doing all we can to minimise the potential for transmission by reducing potential contacts either direct or via objects. This will impact registration and reporting results in particular.
- Registration – we will have checked all memberships so there is no need for licences to be given in and handled. Nor will you be required to queue inside to tell us you are present.
- The draw will be done before the event so all you need to do to be ready to play is check the team list, make a note of your team number and the lane where your first game is to be played. When instructed to start, please go immediately to that lane and start. You will need to demonstrate to the umpire that your kit is compliant.
- Result reporting – we are going to try to do this by players (in the case of the Singles) and team captains (in the case of the Doubles) reporting their scores to the on terrain helper or by text (07740 198730).
- It is players’ responsibility to consult the results sheet on the control window to check that your results are recorded correctly. This is particularly important for the leagues in the morning because once the knock out stage is underway it will be too late to rectify any mistakes.
- If it is necessary to make any queries you will need to mask up and approach the control desk observing 2m distancing.
- Presentations – there will be a photo shoot but trophies will not be handed out. Prize money will paid by bank transfer, so there are no handling risks of money.
- Please arrive between 9.30 am and 10 am for the Singles registration with your own jack, scorer, measure and a facemask for use indoors. Play will commence as soon as the organisers are ready. Note that this delayed registration is for the Singles only, the normal 8.45 – 9.15 am will apply for the Doubles.
- Catering at the club will be available. Please indicate your intentions on the online declaration form. Please only eat your own food that you have brought with you outside.
- Please also be aware that there will be live-streaming and photography, so if you have reason not to be photographed or videoed make this known to the organisers.
- There will be designated picnic areas so bring your own chair.
We hope that everybody has a great day at the Singles and the Doubles returning to competitive action!